18 Dec What is the Criteria to be an Egg Donor for Surrogacy?
At Same Love Surrogacy,we are committed to providing a seamless, professional, and successful surrogacy journey for everyone who is involved in helping us start and grow families around the globe.
Since each of our intended parents is unique, so are their family building needs, which allows our full-service egg donor and surrogacy agency to provide committed resources that can be customized to include both egg donors and surrogates who are connected through our stringent matching processes.
To achieve each of our client’s exclusive goals, we begin by partnering with our collaborators first, so our clients have complete access to as many or as few resources as their surrogacy journey requires.
Here is how you can become part of our Same Love Surrogacy legacy.
How Can I Qualify to be an Egg Donor for Surrogacy in California?
At Same Love Surrogacy, our egg donors are required to pass stringent qualification guidelines to protect the women who are seeking the position, the surrogates who will carry the embryo, and the intended parents who are building a family through their surrogacy journey.
Those qualifications include partnering with egg donors who are:
- Between the ages of 21 and 29
- Healthy and maintain a clean lifestyle
- Non-smokers and non-drug users
- Proven to have an excellent medical and family history
- Maintaining an appropriate Body Mass Index for their height and weight, up to 28 BMI
- Genuinely committed to the donation process
- Flexible scheduling candidates who can attend morning appointments during the 10 to 12 days of the treatment cycle
- Without new tattoos or body piercings within the last year
- Have reliable transportation to attend their egg donor commitments on time, including each medical and non-medical appointment
What are the Egg Donor’s Responsibilities for Surrogacy in California?
Those who qualify for the rewarding position of egg donor play an essential role in the surrogacy process and are trusted to maintain their commitment to each of the responsibilities that accompany their important position.
Egg donors are required to:
- Take their medication as instructed
- Abide by the clinic’s restrictions regarding intercourse, exercise, consumption of alcohol, and exposure to second hand smoke
- Check in with their Same Love Surrogacy coordinator regarding any changes to their schedule, treatment plans, or other updates from their clinic
- Arrange transportation and ensure they have a travel companion to and from their IVF clinic on the day of their egg retrieval
- Communicate any problems to their clinic and their SLS coordinator
What are the Benefits of Becoming a Surrogacy Egg Donor in California?
For many women, egg donation is both emotionally and financially rewarding.
It gives them the opportunity to make someone else’s dream of building a family come true and provides the joy and excitement of being a part of producing a healthy baby for loving parents to finally call their own.
Egg donors are, quite literally, changing lives, which is both gratifying and empowering.
At Same Love Surrogacy, our founders, principals, and staff have played direct and integral roles in someone’s surrogacy journey, either as surrogates or intended parents, and we respect and appreciate our egg donors in a deeply personal way because of our connections to our own.
That is why each of our California egg donors receives fair compensation and a contractual assurance that all related expenses are paid by the intended parents, so the women who are selflessly providing this service are treated as valued members of our incredible teams.
If you think egg donation is right for you, please take a few moments to fill out our easy, online application, or contact us directly to answer any questions you might have about the process. If you meet the initial qualifications to become an egg donor with Same Love Surrogacy, one of our experienced guides will contact you to discuss the next steps of the process.